Skip to Content

More Info →Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street

The new Palmerston North City Council Municipal Chambers were officially opened by the Mayor, Mr. A E Mansford, 13 June 1945. They were designed by Reginald Thorrold Jaggard and built on the site of the former civic administration building. Today the building houses an arts and cultural centre and is called Square Edge. The All Saints Church was the third on this site, built in 1914.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bm52_BUI_2660
Title
Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 52
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street
Looking Across the Lakelet towards the Council Chambers
Church Street West
All Saints Church, The Square
All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
Looking across The Square to All Saints Church, Church Street
A & E entrance, Palmerston North Hospital
The South Corner of The Square
Lakelet in The Square
Square Gardens and The Lakelet
View of The Square from Hopwood Clock Tower - Church Street West

Creation

Created By
Place
Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Report a problem

Related items

Municipal Chambers and All Saints Church, Church Street
Looking Across the Lakelet towards the Council Chambers
Church Street West
All Saints Church, The Square
All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church, Church Street
Looking across The Square to All Saints Church, Church Street
A & E entrance, Palmerston North Hospital
The South Corner of The Square
Lakelet in The Square
Square Gardens and The Lakelet
View of The Square from Hopwood Clock Tower - Church Street West

User comments