Skip to Content

More Info →Abattoir, Maxwells Line

The abattoir opened on 5 December 1906. The Palmerston North Borough Council took the business over as a municipal venture in 1917, until in April 1951 it was handed over to a company of butchers to lease. It was demolished in 1969 and the land subdivided for housing in the rapidly growing Awapuni area of Palmerston North.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bm17_BUI_2647
Title
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 17
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line
Opening of Mort Andrews Garage PN Ltd, Tremaine Avenue
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line

Creation

Created By
Place
Maxwells Line, Palmerston North
Date
1939

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line
Opening of Mort Andrews Garage PN Ltd, Tremaine Avenue
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line

User comments