This photograph came from a small photograph album that belonged to Mrs R Andrews of Rangitikei House. This photograph bears the caption, "P.O. Palmerston North 14-1-28". The photograph is taken looking down one side of the railway line that used to run through The Square, with the Municipal Bus Depot to the left. Built in 1906, the Post Office on the corner of The Square and Main Street was Palmerston North’s fourth, and replaced a small wooden building on the same site. In 1988, when Telecom and Postbank became separate entities, the building ceased to be the Post Office. Though this building is still standing, the tower was removed in 1942 after the Napier earthquake. It currently operates as a restaurant and bar.