Note that in this photograph of the Post Office, the clock has not been added to the structure. Designed by J Charlesworth and built by J Trevor and Son in 1905, this building served as the Chief Post Office until 1988 when new premises were opened in Princess Street. It is now a café / restaurant. In 1942, the clock tower was weakened by the Wairarapa earthquake and removed. After years in storage, the clock was rehoused in the clock tower in The Square, in 1957.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Palmerston North Post Office
- Held In