Skip to Content

More Info →Coronation Memorial Fountain

This photograph shows the King Edward VII Coronation Memorial Fountain, also known as the Coronation Monument. It was built in 1902 to mark the coronation of Edward VII. In 1925, it moved and combined with another feature of The Square, the concrete fish pond, then was moved again to the corner of The Square nearest to Broadway Avenue in 2005.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sq369_008960
Title
Coronation Memorial Fountain
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 369
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Coronation Memorial Fountain
Carriages Drive Through The Square
Postcard of the “FItzherbert Street Boulevard”
The Square looking towards Church Street East
The Square looking towards Coleman Place
Church Street East
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "Post Office"
View of The Square from the Grand Hotel
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
View of Main Street from the Hopwood Clock Tower
Lakelet in The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1915

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Band Rotunda in the Square
Coronation Memorial Fountain
Carriages Drive Through The Square
Postcard of the “FItzherbert Street Boulevard”
The Square looking towards Church Street East
The Square looking towards Coleman Place
Church Street East
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "Post Office"
View of The Square from the Grand Hotel
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
View of Main Street from the Hopwood Clock Tower
Lakelet in The Square

User comments