Skip to Content

More Info →Pupils and adults outside Newbury School

The first school at Newbury, near Palmerston North, was established in 1878, and enlarged in 1881. The school was originally known as Taonui School but was changed to Newbury in 1904 owing to confusion wth the Feilding School of that name.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_Sc43_SCH_0406
Title
Pupils and adults outside Newbury School
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 43
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

St. Mary's School
College Street School
College Street School cricket team
Central School swimming team winners.
Girl pupils, first state school
Pupils swimming in Hokowhitu School baths.
College Street School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Pupils and adults outside Newbury School
Teachers and pupils outside Tiritea School
Boys of College Street School

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1881

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
newbury school,
primary school,

Report a problem

Related items

St. Mary's School
College Street School
College Street School cricket team
Central School swimming team winners.
Girl pupils, first state school
Pupils swimming in Hokowhitu School baths.
College Street School
Staff of College Street School
Hokowhitu School
Pupils and adults outside Newbury School
Teachers and pupils outside Tiritea School
Boys of College Street School

User comments