Skip to Content

More Info →Club Hotel, Church Street

The Club Hotel was established in 1882, and this building which remains was just one of a number of structures that comprised, at some stage, the Club Hotel. It was designed by Ludolph Georg West and built in 1905, remaining as an hotel until 1975. The building has survived large scale shopping development in the immediate vicinity, being used as a shop until being taken over by the BNZ in 2010.Photographs taken for Historic Pubs of Palmerston North walk, Local History Week 2010. Tour guides Bryan Ibell and Cindy Lilburn.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010BD_IMCA-DigitalMaster_004439
Title
Club Hotel, Church Street
Relation
Local History Week 2010 Photograph Collection
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Club Hotel, Church Street
Grand Hotel's former turret, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
The Royal, Rangitikei Street
Cafe de Paris, side entrance, Domain Street
New Railway Hotel, Main Street
Cafe de Paris, corner of Main and Domain Streets
Masonic Hotel, Main Street
Empire Hotel, corner of Main and Princess Streets
Cafe de Paris,corner of Main and Domain Street
'Hillcrest', 544 Featherston Street
Eketahuna Hotel

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
November 3, 2010

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
bicycle,
car,
hyundai,
suzuki swift,
toyota,
van,

Report a problem

Related items

Club Hotel, Church Street
Grand Hotel's former turret, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
The Royal, Rangitikei Street
Cafe de Paris, side entrance, Domain Street
New Railway Hotel, Main Street
Cafe de Paris, corner of Main and Domain Streets
Masonic Hotel, Main Street
Empire Hotel, corner of Main and Princess Streets
Cafe de Paris,corner of Main and Domain Street
'Hillcrest', 544 Featherston Street
Eketahuna Hotel

User comments