The horse-drawn vehicles are standing outside the second All Saints Anglican Church, in use 1982-1914. Alongside the wooden church can be seen the former Borough Council building and in the distance is the distinctive wooden clock tower of the Occidental Hotel, which stood on the corner of Fitzherbert Avenue and The Square. Picnics were a common social activity and the annual church picnic an important event.
- Created By
- Church Street, Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library