L G West's Land Agency building after 1882. Ludolph George West, an early architect of Palmerston North, established his business in about 1880, although the earliest architectural drawing is dated 1884. During the first 30 years of business, Mr West carried out his architectural contracts in association with his work as a general commission agent (specialising in timber, insurance, real estate and land valuation), but by 1912 (when he first formed a partnership with his son, Ernest Vilhelm West) the architectural work appears to have been a full time activity. He designed many of the prominent buildings of the early township.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- L G West Land Agency Building
- Held In