This photograph came from a small photograph album that belonged to Mrs R Andrews of Rangitikei House. This photograph bears the caption, " Band Rotunda Square PN". The Band Rotunda was first was built in 1898 and was moved to the Victoria Esplanade in 1907. The Band Rotunda in this photograph was built shortly after. It was demolished to make way for the Hopwood Clock Tower in 1956.