The Arthur Barnett department store, was bought by the Palmerston North City Council in 1992 and converted into the new City Library, opening 1996. The building was originally constructed as the C M Ross Co Ltd department store, in 1928. It was subsequently owned by Milne and Choyce and the DIC, before being bought by Arthur Barnett.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Coronation Fountain and the Arthur Barnett department store, The Square
- Held In
- PNCC Archives