The City Council bought the Arthur Barnett department store in 1992, converting it into the new City Library, which opened in 1996. The building was originally constructed as the C M Ross Co Ltd department store in 1928, and was subsequently owned by Milne and Choyce, the DIC and Arthur Barnett.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Construction of new Palmerston North City Library
- Held In
- PNCC Archives