Skip to Content

More Info →Band Rotunda and Post Office

A boy stands by the Band Rotunda, with the newly constructed Post Office, on the corner of Main Street, behind. This first Band Rotunda was built in The Square in 1899. It was shifted to The Esplanade in 1907, and replaced by another, which was demolished to make way for the Hopwood Clock Tower in 1956.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2016P_Postcard14_013202
Title
Band Rotunda and Post Office
Format
Postcard
Held In
Coolstore
Archive
Postcard Collection

Related items

Band Rotunda and Post Office
A View of the Square
#MyEsplanade - Esplanade Whisper Dish
George Perrin
The Square, Palmerston North
Stereoscopic View: Post Office, Palmerston North
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
Colour Postcard of The Square
Postcard of The Square
Postcard of The Square
Coronation Fountain and Post Office
Band Rotunda in the Square

Creation

Created By
Date
1909

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Band Rotunda and Post Office
A View of the Square
#MyEsplanade - Esplanade Whisper Dish
George Perrin
The Square, Palmerston North
Stereoscopic View: Post Office, Palmerston North
Palmerston North "Posting Album"
Colour Postcard of The Square
Postcard of The Square
Postcard of The Square
Coronation Fountain and Post Office
Band Rotunda in the Square

User comments