The Square can just be seen behind the white picket fence on the left. The street trees in left foreground were planted in 1892, so the photo is after that date. Note the fire tower in the distance on the right. The Palmerston North Fire Station then stood in Coleman Place. Coleman Place, now called Coleman Mall, was named after Sylvester Coleman who was a Palmerston North Borough Councillor and businessman in the early days of Palmerston North.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Broad Street, looking towards Coleman Place
- Held In