Peke atu ki ngā rauemi

Cranleigh Apartment house was built in 1905, by Mr John H Hankins, a solicitor in the firm of Hankins, Fitzherbert and Abraham. In 1910 the house was bought by Mr Robert McNab, a prominent New Zealand historian who had a fire-proof concrete Library added to the house. In 1925 the house became a maternity hospital and nursing home owned by the Charters sisters. It was then known as “Levuka”. Fire partly destroyed the house in 1929 and it was put up for auction. Bought by Mrs J L Hopwood, who in 1934 had the house converted into the Cranleigh Apartment House. In 1972 it had about 36 rooms. It was still existant in the late 1970s.Plans, by the architectural firm L G West, of the 1934 remodelling and the 10 bedroom annex built that year are held in the Ian Matheson City Archives; CA: L G West, Ref Nos 428, 429 & 433.

Tautuhi

Momo rauemi
Image
Pākanga
Public Photograph Collection Bur 85
Date
March 9, 1972
Tautuhi matihiko
2008N_Bur85_BUI_1854
E puritia ana ki
Coolstore

Ngā rauemi e whai pānga ana

Newly built double unit
349 College Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
81 Victoria Avenue
63 Karina Terrace
10 Featherson Street

Pūnaha whakarōpū

Ngā tūtohu
building,
buildings,
flats,
home,
house,
photographs,
residence,
Tūtohu Hapori

Tuku kōrero mai mō te whakararu

Ngā rauemi e whai pānga ana

Newly built double unit
349 College Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
81 Victoria Avenue
63 Karina Terrace
10 Featherson Street