The Palmerston North City Council administration building was designed by Reginald Thorrold Jaggard and built in 1944-1945. The Council had occupied the same site in the former Colonial Bank of New Zealand building until it was demolished to make way for the new offices. The new building retained the 1924 addition, containing the Council Chamber, at the rear. The building remained in use by the Council until 1980 when a new CAB was opened. It then became an arts and crafts centre and became known as Square Edge.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Municipal Chamber in The Square - 1950
- Held In