Skip to Content

A building under construction in 1935 for Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd, to replace the original building built by Richard Leary in 1885. Richard Leary established his business in 1875 and continued in business until his death in 1901. A J Graham, an employee of Leary's, took over the management of the pharmacy in 1902 and continued its operation until 1927 when a company, “Leary’s Pharmacies Ltd”, was formed in conjunction with Messrs J K Paton and R L C Aitchinson. The architect was R Thorrold-Jaggard.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Bc367_009616
Title
Leary's Pharmacy under Construction, The Square
Format
B&W print
Held In
Community Archives
Relation
Public Collection Bc 367; R.W. Thorrold-Jaggard
Archive
R.W. Tnorrold-Jaggard
Date
1935

Related items

Leary's Pharmacy under Construction, The Square
Old Buildings Section 662 prior to demolition for new Library
Postcard of the Grand Hotel in The Square
Construction of new Public Library
Clarendon Hotel on West end of the Square
A View of Coleman Place
Retails Stores along the North Side of The Square
The Square looking towards Main Street West from the corner of Church Street West
Looking down Church Street West from Fitzherbert Avenue
A Sunny Day in The Square
Colour Postcard of “South View” of the Square
The Square, Palmerston North

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
construction,
learys,
pedestrians,
pharmacy,
the square,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Leary's Pharmacy under Construction, The Square
Old Buildings Section 662 prior to demolition for new Library
Postcard of the Grand Hotel in The Square
Construction of new Public Library
Clarendon Hotel on West end of the Square
A View of Coleman Place
Retails Stores along the North Side of The Square
The Square looking towards Main Street West from the corner of Church Street West
Looking down Church Street West from Fitzherbert Avenue
A Sunny Day in The Square
Colour Postcard of “South View” of the Square
The Square, Palmerston North