Skip to Content

More Info →Interior of Garners department store, Broadway

Henry Garner opened a drapery store in 1906 under the name ‘Kash’, with the first premises being in The Square and later, Cuba Street. In 1937 the store moved to a new building in Broadway, on the former Zelandia Hall site. In the 1960s the store became a subsidiary of Smith & Brown [later Smith City] and in 1988 it shifted to Linton Street. The business closed in 1990.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bc325a_BUI_2479
Title
Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 325a
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
Wilsons for Ladies Wear
Interior of Watson Bros, The Square
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Garners department store, Broadway
Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
Slater's Gown Salon, The Square
Cuba Street businesses
Hopwood Hardware Co., Broadway
Albert Cooksley Cycles, Rangitikei Street
Hutchins' Furniture Warehouse, Main Street
Rongotea Store and Bakery

Creation

Created By
Place
Between Main Street and Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1950 to circa 1959

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
Wilsons for Ladies Wear
Interior of Watson Bros, The Square
Leary's Pharmacy, The Square
Garners department store, Broadway
Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
Slater's Gown Salon, The Square
Cuba Street businesses
Hopwood Hardware Co., Broadway
Albert Cooksley Cycles, Rangitikei Street
Hutchins' Furniture Warehouse, Main Street
Rongotea Store and Bakery

User comments