Henry Garner opened a drapery store in 1906 under the name ‘Kash’, with the first premises being in The Square and later, Cuba Street. In 1937 the store moved to a new building in Broadway, on the former Zelandia Hall site. In the 1960s the store became a subsidiary of Smith & Brown [later Smith City] and in 1988 it shifted to Linton Street. The business closed in 1990.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Interior of Garners department store, Broadway
- Held In