The Grand Hotel was built in 1906 for Martin Craven, to replace the Provincial Hotel which was gutted by fire. Over the years it has been host to visiting diginitaries to Palmerston North, including Royalty in 1927 and 1954. In 1985 the then owners, Manawatu Holdings Ltd, converted the top floors into commercial offices and retail space.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
- Held In