Skip to Content

More Info →Grand Hotel bedroom

The Grand Hotel was built in 1906 for Martin Craven, to replace the Provincial Hotel on the same site, on the corner of The Square and Church Street. From 30 September 1974 Mrs Maria Toth, shown here, leased the 2nd floor and provided a bed and breakfast service. Mrs Toth was born in Hungary, leaving at the time of the revolution in 1956, and came to work in Palmerston North in 1960. In 1985 the top floors of the Grand Hotel, then owned by Manawatu Holdings Ltd, were converted into commercial offices and retail space.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_Ho26_004849
Title
Grand Hotel bedroom
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Grand Hotel bedroom
Grand Hotel staircase
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Civic Centre
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Civic Administration Building interior, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Master bedroom at 7 Heatley Avenue
Living room of 7 Heatley Avenue
Hallway of unidentified residence

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of The Square and Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
September 25, 1974

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Guardian

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Grand Hotel bedroom
Grand Hotel staircase
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Civic Centre
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Civic Administration Building interior, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Master bedroom at 7 Heatley Avenue
Living room of 7 Heatley Avenue
Hallway of unidentified residence

User comments