Gasworks, Napier Road
Object type
Image
- Description
-
Shown here is the second gasworks, built by the Palmerston NorthBorough Council and opened 21 December 1923. The original gasworks were opened in 1889 on the corner of Cook and Main Streets. The Napier Road coal-based Gasworks went out of operation on November 1970, when Palmerston North was connected to a pipeline from the Kapuni gas field, Taranaki.
Identification
- Relation
- Public Photograph Collection G 20
- Date
- circa 1960
- Digitisation id
- 2011P_G20_005057
- Held in
- Coolstore
Creation
- Created By
- Unknown
- Place
- Palmerston North
Object rights
- License
- Attribution + NonCommercial
Taxonomy
- Community Tags