Shown here is the second gasworks, built by the Palmerston North Borough Council and opened 21 December 1923. The original gasworks were opened in 1889 on the corner of Cook and Main Streets. The Napier Road coal-based Gasworks went out of operation on November 1970, when Palmerston North was connected to a pipeline from the Kapuni gas field, Taranaki.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Flooding at the Gasworks, Napier Road
- Held In