Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets

The first Gasworks for Palmerston North were built by John Coates and Co. and opened in 1889. The Palmerston North Gas Company Ltd bought the Gasworks in 1891, and ran the operation until it was sold to the Palmerston North Borough Council in 1915. M.J. Kennedy, Manager) is seated behind the child in front.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_G7_004859
Title
Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Relation
Public Photograph Collection G 7
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Staff of first Gasworks, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Gasworks, Napier Road
Flooding at the Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas Company horse and cart at railway yard, Main Street
Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder at Gasworks, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas staff members
Manawatu Knitting Mills staff
Library Staff in Front of Strand Building, The Square
Manufacture of glazed pipes at a Palmerston North factory

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1908

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Staff of first Gasworks, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Gasworks, Napier Road
Flooding at the Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas Company horse and cart at railway yard, Main Street
Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder at Gasworks, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas staff members
Manawatu Knitting Mills staff
Library Staff in Front of Strand Building, The Square
Manufacture of glazed pipes at a Palmerston North factory

User comments