A new coal based Gasworks was opened by the Palmerston North Borough Council 21 December 1923, including a gasholder with a capacity of 500,000 cubic feet. The Gasworks went out of operation November 1970 when Palmerston North was connected to a pipeline from the Kapuni gas field, Taranaki.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Gas holder at Gasworks, Napier Road
- Held In