Skip to Content

More Info →Gas holder, Napier Road

Shown here is the gas holder at the second gasworks, built by the Palmerston North Borough Council and opened 21 December 1923. The original gasworks were opened in 1889 on the corner of Cook and Main Streets. The Napier Road coal-based Gasworks went out of operation on November 1970, when Palmerston North was connected to a pipeline from the Kapuni gas field, Taranaki.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_G17_005058
Title
Gas holder, Napier Road
Relation
Public Photograph Collection G 17
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Gas holder, Napier Road
Gasworks, Napier Road
Flooding at the Gasworks, Napier Road
Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder at Gasworks, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Palmerston North Gas Company horse and cart at railway yard, Main Street
Staff of first Gasworks, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Construction of the Mangahao Electric Power Scheme
Construction of the Mangahao Electric Power Scheme
Palmerston North Gasworks, corner of Main and Cook Streets

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1950

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Gas holder, Napier Road
Gasworks, Napier Road
Flooding at the Gasworks, Napier Road
Gasworks, Napier Road
Gas holder at Gasworks, Napier Road
Palmerston North Gas Company employees, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Palmerston North Gas Company horse and cart at railway yard, Main Street
Staff of first Gasworks, corner of Cook and Main Streets
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Construction of the Mangahao Electric Power Scheme
Construction of the Mangahao Electric Power Scheme
Palmerston North Gasworks, corner of Main and Cook Streets

User comments