Skip to Content

More Info →Court House, Main Street

This was the fourth Palmerston North Court House, built when the former Court House was burnt down in 1897. The first Court House was constructed in 1874, and replaced in 1881. In 1895 the second building was moved to Church Street for use as the new Police Station, and a third, short-lived, building constructed. A new Court House was completed in 1988 and this building was demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010P_IMCA-DIGITALMASTER_004372
Title
Court House, Main Street
Format
Colour print
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Courthouse, Main Street east
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Palmerston North District Court and Police Staff

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
1980s

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Court House, Main Street
Courthouse, Main Street east
Palmerston North from G.P.O. Tower
Manawatu Youth Institution gymnasium, Linton
Manawatu Youth Institution: Walled walkway
Manawatu Youth Institution courtyard, Linton
Magistrates Court, Main Street East
Court House, Main Street east
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Court House, Main Street
Palmerston North District Court and Police Staff

User comments