The new City Library, designed by Ian Athfield, won an award for architecture from the NZ Institute of Architects. The building was originally the C M Ross department store, built 1928, and was bought by the City Council and renovated as the City Library, opening 1996. From left: Paul Rieger, Mayor; Anthony Lewis, City Library Manager; Brian Elliott, President of the Manawatu Architects' Association.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- ‘National Award for Architecture’ plaque, Palmerston North City Library
- Held In
- PNCC Archives