Skip to Content

More Info →Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street

The Grand Hotel was built in 1906 for Martin Craven, to replace the Provincial Hotel on the same site. From 30 September 1974 Mrs Maria Toth leased the 2nd floor and provided a bed and breakfast service. In 1985 the top floors of the Grand Hotel, then owned by Manawatu Holdings Ltd, were converted into commercial offices and retail space.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_Ho25_004899
Title
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Ho 25
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel bedroom
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel staircase
Former Returned Servicemans Club rooms, corner of Cuba and George Streets
Grand Hotel building, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of The Square and Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
September 25, 1974

Object rights

Credit Line
Manawatu Guardian

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel bedroom
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel staircase
Former Returned Servicemans Club rooms, corner of Cuba and George Streets
Grand Hotel building, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street

User comments