Skip to Content

More Info →Grand Hotel, The Square

The Grand Hotel was built in 1906 for Martin Craven, to replace the Provincial Hotel which was gutted by fire. Over the years it has been host to visiting diginitaries to Palmerston North, including Royalty in 1927 and 1954. In 1985 the then owners, Manawatu Holdings Ltd, converted the top floors into commercial offices and retail space.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_Ho60_004846
Title
Grand Hotel, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Ho 60
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Grand Hotel, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel bedroom
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
All Saints Church
Grand Hotel building, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Square Edge, The Square - 2002

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of The Square and Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
circa 2002

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
car,
truck,

Report a problem

Related items

Grand Hotel, The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Grand Hotel, corner of the Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel bedroom
The Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street west
All Saints Church
Grand Hotel building, corner of The Square and Church Street
Grand Hotel, corner of The Square and Church Street
The Grand Hotel, corner of Church Street and The Square
Square Edge, The Square - 2002

User comments