Skip to Content

The destructors, inside the destructor building at the abattoir opened 1906. The abattoir was operated by the Manawatu Meat Company until February 1917, when it was purchased by the Palmerston North Borough Council. It closed in 1969.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Date
circa 1920
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bm40_BUI_1830
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Child Brothers Ltd metal crushing depot and plant, Albert Street
Longburn Freezing Works
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Aerial view of Longburn Freezing Works
Longburn Freezing Works
Longburn Freezing Works
Lonburn Freezing works
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line

Taxonomy

Tags
buildings,
equipment,
furnace,
incinerator,
meat industry,
photographs,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Child Brothers Ltd metal crushing depot and plant, Albert Street
Longburn Freezing Works
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Aerial view of Longburn Freezing Works
Longburn Freezing Works
Longburn Freezing Works
Lonburn Freezing works
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line