Skip to Content

The abbatoir, opened 1906, was operated by the Manawatu Meat Company until February 1917, when it was purchased by the Palmerston North Borough Council. It closed in 1969.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Date
circa 1920
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bm41_BUI_1831
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Destructors at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Longburn Freezing Works

Taxonomy

Tags
buildings,
furnace,
incinerator,
meat industry,
pnbc,
pncc,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Destructors at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abbattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Longburn Freezing Works