Henry Thomas Flyger's store was situated on the north-west side of Main Street east, on the railway line, near Alfred Street, on part of section 169 of Palmerston North. It was probably the only store at Terrace End during the 1880s. This photograph was mounted on a calendar dated 1885. The calendar carries two advertisements, describing H T Flyger as a “Purchaser of hides, wool, fungus butter etc” and as an “importer and general commission agent.” A large store shed can be see to the left of the photograph and the Flyger family resided above the shop.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Terrace End Colonial Produce Store
- Held In