Skip to Content

More Info →Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 alfred Street

This house was built 1905 - 1906 for Elizabeth and James Alfred Nash. Nash was both a Mayor and MP for Palmerston North. In 1914 it was sold to T R Moore who named it 'Waimarama'. The house covers 5000 square feet, is built of rimu and kauri and has a 14 foot stud. The panelling in the entrance hall and in the billiard room is rimu. It was designed by Ernest Larcombe and is listed in category 1 of the Historical Places Trust because of historical and architectural significance.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur270_3125
Title
Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 alfred Street
Relation
PNCC Series 7/8/5
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 alfred Street
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
Hall archway at 'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
Entrance hall of 'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Brian Keiller's study at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
The hall of 'The Wattles', home of William Park, conrer of Linton and College Streets
Sitting room of 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Fireplace of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Hallway of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
Monrad homestead, Karere
Monrad Farmhouse

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1981

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 alfred Street
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
Hall archway at 'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
Entrance hall of 'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Brian Keiller's study at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
The hall of 'The Wattles', home of William Park, conrer of Linton and College Streets
Sitting room of 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Fireplace of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Hallway of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
Monrad homestead, Karere
Monrad Farmhouse

User comments