Skip to Content

This house was built 1905 - 1906 for Elizabeth and James Alfred Nash. Nash was both a Mayor and MP for Palmerston North. In 1914 it was sold to T R Moore who named it 'Waimarama'. The house covers 5000 square feet, is built of rimu and kauri and has a 14 foot stud. The panelling in the entrance hall and in the billiard room is rimu. It was designed by Ernest Larcombe and is listed in category 1 of the Historical Places Trust because of historical and architectural significance.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
PNCC Series 7/8/5
Date
1981
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur271_3126
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

16 Guy Avenue, Details or Staircase
Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
Entrance hall of 'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
The hall of 'The Wattles', home of William Park, conrer of Linton and College Streets
Hallway, 104 Napier Road
Brian Keiller's study at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Sitting room of 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
Fireplace of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Hallway of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Construction of cottage

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
home,
interior,
photographs,
residence,
wood,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

16 Guy Avenue, Details or Staircase
Fireplace detail at 'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
Entrance hall of 'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Drawing room of "Whare Rata", Fitzherbert
The hall of 'The Wattles', home of William Park, conrer of Linton and College Streets
Hallway, 104 Napier Road
Brian Keiller's study at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Sitting room of 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Staircase at 16 Guy Avenue
Fireplace of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Hallway of 'Kaingahou', 642 Pioneer Highway
Construction of cottage