Skip to Content

More Info →Collinson & Cunninghame Ltd, Broadway

Collinson & Cunninghame's department store stood at the corner of Broadway Avenue and The Square. It was established in 1904 by Leo Collinson and John Cunninghame, and became one of the leading department stores in Palmerston North. It stayed within the Collinson and Cunninghame families until sold in 1983 to the Farmers Trading Company. After Farmers relocated to the Plaza, this building is now used by Westpac Bank (2020)

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009P_BC411_BUI_2548
Title
Collinson & Cunninghame Ltd, Broadway
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bc 411
Held In
Coolstore
License
no_known_restrictions

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Collinson & Cunninghame Ltd, Broadway
Sewing materials display at Garners, Broadway
Speechley's, Main Street
Watchorns Ltd, The Square
Premier Department Company display window
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Interior of Self Help grocery store, Rangitikei Street
Cuba Street businesses
Manawatu Wine & Spirits' Awapuni cellars, College Street
Joseph Nathan and Co. (NZ) Ltd, Queen Street
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North
Date
1966

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Staff outside Pink and Collison, Motor Cycle Agents, Cuba Street
Collinson & Cunninghame Ltd, Broadway
Sewing materials display at Garners, Broadway
Speechley's, Main Street
Watchorns Ltd, The Square
Premier Department Company display window
Interior of Smith & Smith Ltd, Rangitikei Street
Interior of Self Help grocery store, Rangitikei Street
Cuba Street businesses
Manawatu Wine & Spirits' Awapuni cellars, College Street
Joseph Nathan and Co. (NZ) Ltd, Queen Street
Millar and Giorgi menwear shop, The Square

User comments