The Baptist Church was established in Palmerston North in 1894, and a hall built on this site in 1895. The Central Baptist Church, designed by Clere and Clere, replaced the original building, being dedicated on 17 October 1928. In 1982 the building was considered too small and it was sold to the Operatic Society and became the Abbey Theatre.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Central Baptist Church, Church Street
- Held In