After meetings in 1900 a site for a Congregational church was chosen in Broad Street close to the intersection of Princess Street. The foundation stone for the church was laid in 1900 and the building was in use 1901. The first Minister was Reverend S J Baker. The last service in the building was held in 1957, after a new Church was built at 228 Broadway Avenue. This building was demolished in the 1970s.