Skip to Content

More Info →Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line

The Palmerston North Abattoir opened December 1906. It was operated by the Manawatu Meat Company until February 1917, when it was purchased by the Palmerston North Borough Council. It closed in 1969.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bm35_BUI_1829
Title
Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Municipal Buildings, The Square
Palmerston North City Council History
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1920

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Water tower at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Steam engine and generator at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Destructor building at the Palmerston North Abattoir, Maxwell's Line
Municipal Buildings, The Square
Palmerston North City Council History
Checking carcasses at the Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House, Church Street
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Demolition of Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Abattoir, Maxwells Line
Boiler House of the Abattoir, Maxwells Line

User comments