Skip to Content
  • Band rotunda at Victoria Esplanade 1
  • Band rotunda at Victoria Esplanade 2

Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. The band rotunda was situated at the Fitzherbert Avenue end of the Esplanade. Originally built in The Square in 1898 it was moved to the Esplanade in 1907. In 1966 it was demolished due to its poor state of repair.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2007P_P58_RES_0151
Title
Band rotunda at Victoria Esplanade
Held In
Coolstore
Archive
Date
circa 1930

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Bush walk path, Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Riverbank walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Children swimming in the paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Pergola, Esplanade Gardens
Pergola, Victoria Esplanade
Walkway at the Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade
Trees in Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade - Path and Bush

Creation

Created By

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
gardens,
park,
reserves,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Bush walk path, Victoria Esplanade
Construction of the Children's paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Riverbank walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Children swimming in the paddling pool, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix palms lining Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Pergola, Esplanade Gardens
Pergola, Victoria Esplanade
Walkway at the Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade
Trees in Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade - Path and Bush