Skip to Content

More Info →Post Office, Palmerston North

This building was Palmerston North’s fourth Post Office, operating from 1906-1988. The original 1906 building was extended towards Broadway and up Main Street in the early 1920s and in 1937. It was originally built with a clock tower but this was removed in 1942 after an earthquake for safety reasons and the clock and chimes were re-housed in the ‘new’ clock tower in The Square in 1957.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2015S_2015-55_013511
Title
Post Office, Palmerston North
Relation
2015/55
Format
Slide
Held In
Coolstore
License
cc-by

Related items

Post Office, Palmerston North
Post Office, Palmerston North
Palmerston North Post Office
Stereoscopic View: Post Office, Palmerston North
Post Office mail room, Palmerston North, 1907
Band Rotunda and Post Office
R. R. Scott Post Office, Store and Public Hall
Postcard of the Post Office, Palmerston North
R. R. Scott Post Office, Store and Public Hall
Band Rotunda in the Square
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "Post Office"
The General Post Office

Creation

Created By
Date
August 21, 1966

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Post Office, Palmerston North
Post Office, Palmerston North
Palmerston North Post Office
Stereoscopic View: Post Office, Palmerston North
Post Office mail room, Palmerston North, 1907
Band Rotunda and Post Office
R. R. Scott Post Office, Store and Public Hall
Postcard of the Post Office, Palmerston North
R. R. Scott Post Office, Store and Public Hall
Band Rotunda in the Square
Palmerston North Souvenir Photo Cards - "Post Office"
The General Post Office

User comments