Skip to Content

More Info →'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street

This photograph is taken from the south bank of the Hokowhitu Lagoon which is seen in the foreground. Built for Jacob Nannestad, a sawmiller, the house was bought by John Henderson Pollock Strang in 1903. In 1921 it was sold to William Caccia Birch. It remained in the Caccia Birch family until gifted to the Government in 1941. After various uses it was eventually given to the Palmerston North City Council and now called Caccia Birch and serves as a function centre

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bur25_003047
Title
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 25
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

'Woodhey',  Te Awe Awe Street
398 Church Street
Rose garden at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Caccia Birch Rest Home, Te Awe Awe Street
"Te Mahoe", College Street
63 Karina Terrace
Warburton house, Main Street
349 College Street
'Sunny View", 63 Karina Terrace
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
Residence of Joseph Beale, Rangitikei Street
'Willowbank' house and farm, Fitzherbert

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1903

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

'Woodhey',  Te Awe Awe Street
398 Church Street
Rose garden at 'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Caccia Birch Rest Home, Te Awe Awe Street
"Te Mahoe", College Street
63 Karina Terrace
Warburton house, Main Street
349 College Street
'Sunny View", 63 Karina Terrace
'Tiritea', residence of R S Abraham, Fitzherbert
Residence of Joseph Beale, Rangitikei Street
'Willowbank' house and farm, Fitzherbert

User comments