This house is believed to have been built about 1877. Before 1908 Mr. and Mrs. Von Blaramberg, previously in charge of Carow Girls Collegiate School off Grey School, conducted a private school from the house. From 1908 to c1958 the house was owned by the Bartlett family. Beryl and Cora Bartlett were well known music teachers of the town. Good craftsmanship and well designed interior paneling made this house a virtually draught proof home. The house has had 3 changes of numbers - 28 Church Street, 174 church Street and now 398 Church Street. The original number '28', white with royal blue enamel black is still held by the residents.