Built for Jacob Nannestad, a sawmiller, the house was bought by John Henderson Pollock Strang in 1903 and extensively renovated and extended. In 1921 it was sold to William Caccia Birch. It remained in the Caccia Birch family until gifted to the Government in 1941, during part of which time it was used as a convalescent home. The property was eventually given to the Palmerston North City Council, and is now called Caccia Birch and serves as a function centre.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Caccia Birch Rest Home, Te Awe Awe Street
- Held In