"Whare Rata", was built in Fitzherbert in 1901, for Arthur Edward Russell, a retired farmer of Manawatu. The name means "The House of Redbeard", after Mr Rusell. The Government purchased the property in 1951, after Mrs Ethel Russell's death, and it became one of Massey Agricultural College's lecture theatres. Today "Whare Rata" (now spelt "Wharerata") is used by Massey University as a Staff and Function Centre.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Wharerata, Massey University Palmerston North Campus
- Held In