Skip to Content

The Manawatu Museum (the brick building in the foreground) opened in the former Pierard building (built 1925) in 1975. Behind the museum can be seen the newly sited Snelson’s store and ‘Totaranui’ which were shifted into place in April 1974. The museum building was demolished in 1994 and the museum relocated to the current complex on the corner of Main, Pitt and Church Streets.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Mu6_BUI_1884
Title
Manawatu Museum, Church Street
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Date
May 8, 1974

Related items

'Totaranui’, Fitzroy Street
Kitchen range in 'Totaranui'
Recreated living room in 'Totaranui'
'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum
Offical Opening of 'Totaranui' in The Square
Municipal Library building
Lending Department of the Palmerston North Public Library
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Campbelltown Store
Wright, Stephenson & Co. Ltd, corner of Grey and Rangitikei Streets
Court House, Main Street east
Circulating Department of the Palmerston North Public Library

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
building,
buildings,
car parking,
palmerston north,
photographs,
te manawa house,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

'Totaranui’, Fitzroy Street
Kitchen range in 'Totaranui'
Recreated living room in 'Totaranui'
'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum
Offical Opening of 'Totaranui' in The Square
Municipal Library building
Lending Department of the Palmerston North Public Library
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Campbelltown Store
Wright, Stephenson & Co. Ltd, corner of Grey and Rangitikei Streets
Court House, Main Street east
Circulating Department of the Palmerston North Public Library