'Willowbank' was the home of Mr. J.O. Batchelar and family. The house was constructed in 1880 – 1981 and owned by the Batchelar family until 1926, when it was sold to the Government as a site for Massey Agricultural College. The property provided the first offices, teaching rooms, and farmland for the College when it opened in 1928. When the main site of the College moved onto the hill across the road the house was used as a student hostel. It remained in the hands of Massey University until it was demolished in the 1980s.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- 'Willowbank' house and farm, Fitzherbert
- Held In